For the academic years 2020-21 and 2021-22 St John's will receive a figure of £16,000 plus £10 per pupil (calculated using the number of pupils in years 1 to 6, as recorded in the January census). The premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, in the 2021 to 2022 academic year, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
At St John's the following targets have been identified to improve the provision of PE and Sport
- Increase the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school.
- Increase the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
For details on how the premium has/will be spent by St. John’s and the impact the premium has had please follow the links to the documents below.
- Review of PE & Sports Premium 2021 - 22 including Swimming data
- Review of PE & Sports Premium 2020 - 21 including Swimming data
- Review of PE & Sports Premium 2019 - 20 including Swimming data
- Review of PE & Sports Premium 2013 - 18