Teaching Support Assistant
Job Description: Teaching Support Assistant
Location: St John’s Walham Green CE Primary School, SW6
Salary Scale: Scale 3 Sp 14 FTE £21,189 - £21,726
Actual pay £14,335.40 per annum
Working Week/Hours: 29hrs per week 8:45-3:00
Start Date: January 2019
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Teaching Support Assistant to be part of our support staff team, providing high quality teaching and learning support to pupils at St John’s Walham Green CE Primary School. You will be required to support Teaching Staff and Senior Leaders in developing and delivering our exciting and inclusive curriculum for all pupils, including individual pupils with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities with specialist targets.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
· Demonstrate a commitment to working with children and to providing equality of opportunity.
· Create an exciting, stimulating and safe environment for our pupils.
· Work within a professional team to ensure high standards of educational provision for all pupils.
· Demonstrate good English, numeracy and IT skills.
· Relate well and communicate effectively at all levels with other staff members, parents and pupils.
Qualifications and Skills
· At least 1 year experience of working in a Primary school.
· An understanding of how to support pupils with areas of Special Educational Need or Disability.
· At least 5 GCSEs grade A-C or equivalent.
Please read the Job Description and Personal Specifications for full details of this role.
St John’s Walham Green CE Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disbarring Service (DBS) disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Closing Date: 8th January 2019 – 9am.
(Applications to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the school address)
Interviews: Tuesday 15th January 2019.