Free school meals, school clothing grants and healthy meal allowance
Free school meals and school clothing grants are available to families who receive certain benefits, this entitles students to a free school lunch and money to contribute towards school uniforms.
Schools also receive additional funding from the central government based on the number of students registered for free school meals (£1,320 per student for primary schools and £900per student for secondary schools). This money funds valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities. We encourage all families who think they may be eligible to apply for these benefits.
Families may be eligible for free school meals and clothing grants if they receive the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- income support
- income based jobseeker’s allowance
- income related employment and support allowance
- support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of pension credit
- working tax credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit)
- child tax credit (with no working tax credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Please CLICK HERE to Apply
School Meals can be paid for via School Gateway.
If you have a smartphone, please download School Gateway from your app store (Android and iPhone). The app shows the same information as the website PLUS you can send app messages to the school for FREE
visit the website: www.schoolgateway.com and click on ‘New User’. You’ll receive a text message with a PIN number. Use this PIN to login to School Gateway.